2019 Winter BTB Clinics
Registration opens Nov. 16th.
Mick Scholl, Eric Reuss, Justin Banitt, and other members of the varsity staff will be running the clinics. See “About the Instructors” below.
About the Clinics
- The clinics are offered for potential Burnsville Traveling Baseball players only.
- Spots are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration is not final until system information is completed and payment is made.
- Number of spots available and number of players registered will be visible.
- There will be a wait list just in case. Each clinic will have limited spots available. Wait-listed players do not have to pay until they receive notification from BTB. We have the right to change the wait-list number depending on the demand.
- If your family is new to BTB, they will have to register and require more time to complete the form on your player and parents/guardians. There is help on the page or you can read under Association menu/Using this site.
Infield/Outfield Clinic (2019 BTB IF/OF Clinic) – Run by Mick Scholl and Eric Reuss
Five 1-hour sessions.
These are the same fundamental drills that are taught at the high school level. Organized stations, drills, short toss, long toss. Bring your own glove and protective gear.
Pitching and Catching Clinic (2019 BTB P/C Clinic) – Run by Justin Banitt
Five 1-hour sessions.
Our main focus at the pitching/catching clinic will be to teach fundamentals, mechanics, conditioning, developing arm strength, defense and other related topics to teach and develop the fine art of pitching and catching. These are the same fundamental drills that are taught at the high school level.
The pitching portion will focus on solid throwing mechanics, balance, control, acceleration, power and arm maintenance.
The catching portion will include instruction on proper receiving, framing pitches, blocking balls, and throwing utilizing a series of drills.
Bring your own glove and protective gear, and bring your own catcher’s gear if you have it.
Hitting Clinic (2019 BTB Hitting Clinic) – Run by Mick Scholl and Eric Reuss
Five 70-minute sessions.
The Hitting Clinic is designed to help players of all ages improve their hitting mechanics and skills through both group and individual teaching. Emphasis will be on individual player skill development through a combination of drills and live hitting.
These are the same fundamental drills that are taught at the high school level. Bring your own helmet, bat and batting gloves.
About the Instructors:
Mick Scholl is the Burnsville High School Varsity Baseball Head Coach and 2010 MSHSL AAA Coach of the Year, along with the BHS coaching staff. The BHS baseball team was the 2011 State Class AAA Champions and the 2010 State Class AAA Runner up. Mick Scholl has taught the fundamentals successfully to Burnsville Baseball players that have gone onto play BHS, college and professional baseball. This will be Mick Scholl’s 19th year conducting this clinic for our traveling program.
Justin Banitt is the Junior Varsity head coach, and a mathmatics teacher at Nicollet Junior High. He completed his undergraduate teaching degree at Winona State University, as well as a coaching minor in 2004. He played baseball for three seasons while at WSU. He comes with six years of coaching experience at the junior varsity and varsity levels in the greater metro area, and is excited to be coaching in Burnsville.
Eric Reuss is an assistant coach for the BHS varsity team, and the 2019 season will be his 15th with the program. His specialty is working with infielders. In 2016 Coach Reuss was named MSHSL AAA Assistant Coach of the Year.
If you have questions or problems with registration, please email us at